To sign up for our monthly newsletter, please enter your information in the space to the left. We will NEVER share your contact information with anyone.
Parkway Partners is a non-profit organization that empowers citizens to preserve, maintain and beautify greenspace in New Orleans.
The organization was founded by citizen action in 1982 in response to massive budget cuts to the New Orleans Department of Parks and Parkways. Parkway Partners began its work by adopting out neutral grounds to citizens for maintenance. Today it supports extensive programming throughout Orleans Parish, including:
- +45 community gardens/urban farms
- 11 public schoolyard gardens
- +11,500 trees planted since Hurricane Katrina
- +600 neutral grounds adopted
- Thousands of trees preserved through annual treatment and fertilization
- Development and restoration of multiple parks, including Cancer Survivor’s Plaza, Lee Circle, Jackson Square, Washington Square and Palmer Park
- Monthly educational series, 2nd Saturdays
- Annual Tree and Plant Sale in partnership with the New Orleans Department of Parks and Parkways
- Annual Tree Troopers educational series, since 2006