Parkway Partners’ Schoolyard Gardens Program incorporates the garden into teachers’ curricula and uses it as an outdoor classroom. The gardens are used to teach Math, Science, Art and Language Arts. Students get to experience outdoor learning activities while also reaping the benefits of learning about long term planning and the importance of working as a team.
Parkway Partners has developed gardens at the following schools:
- Audubon Charter School
- Andrew Wilson Charter School
- Benjamin Franklin High
- Dr. Martin Luther King Charter School for Sci/Tech
- International School of LouisianaKIPP Central City Academy
- KIPP McDonogh 15 School for Creative Arts
- Langston Hughes Charter
- Lusher Charter High School
- Sophie B. Wright Learning Academy
Interested in planting trees at your school, or starting a schoolyard garden?
All gardens are a lot of work and need the commitment of a dedicated teachers, administration parents and/or community members to thrive.
Talk with your principal first and then contact Susannah Burley at 504.620.2224, ext 400, or firstname.lastname@example.org