This program encompasses over 43 community gardens, urban farms and orchards. Each site serves the community in its own way, whether through food access, beautifying a blighted lot, or connecting community, and is as unique as the people utilizing it.
Parkway Partners serves as a support network for its existing gardens, and an incubator of new community gardens, urban farms and orchards.
- Use of horticultural library
- Horticultural and design advice
- Vegetable and flower seeds
- Use of greenhouse
- Volunteer coordination and placement
- Use of tool lending library
- Acting as fiscal agent
- Grant writing partnerships
- Connections to suppliers
- Assistance in acquiring land
- Access to a network of over 700 growers
Contact Susannah Burley, Program Director with questions: email@example.com or 504 620 2224, ext 400.
Want to adopt a plot at one of our community gardens?
Please search our map and list of gardens for the ones nearest to your home. Then contact Susannah Burley who will direct you to the Lead Gardeners of the gardens you are interested in joining. The Lead Gardener at each garden can advise you if there is an available plot or waiting list.
Do you want to start a garden?
Visit our urban gardens by clicking on the link below